Saturday, December 19, 2009

Religion

This is will be like no other post I have written thus far. I would like to talk about my feelings towards members of different religions and the afterlife.

I have grown up in a Jewish atmosphere. Up until freshman year in high school, I didn't even know a non-Jewish person. Then, throughout high school, I probably was only friends with four or five non-Jews. This has changed my thought process.

What makes a Jew different from a non-Jew? Other than their mortal beliefs, how are we that different? What makes someone a better person than someone else. I don't think a person's afterlife is determined by their religion. It is determined by the kind of person they are. Are you a morally good person? Do you seek to help others? Do you try to limit pain and suffering among your family and friends? These actions determine what kind of person you are.

Therefore, people need to be more accepting of those who are different. Everyone is scared of something or someone they don't understand. We need to be more understanding and accepting, I myself included.

1 comment: